Patient Perspectives; Impact of Bioscience Innovation to be Highlighted at the 2016 GaBio Summit
Monday, September 26, 2016
Posted by: Maria Thacker
ATLANTA, GA (September 26, 2016) – Jim Greenwood, CEO of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization, will lead a panel of experts on the impact of biosciences; while a luncheon patient panel will examine issues relating to access to the latest therapies, devices and cures at the 2016 Georgia Bio Innovation Summit, Wednesday, September 28 at Cobb Galleria.
The annual Georgia Bio Innovation Summit has grown into a must-attend event for Georgia’s bioscience community. The Summit provides a forum for professionals from industry, academia and government to discuss major trends and issues, including topics related to scientific research, product development, financing, business development and public policy. It is the one time each year companies and universities have the opportunity to showcase Georgia’s bioscience innovation. We expect over 500 professionals from across Georgia, the Southeast and the nation to participate in this year’s event.
This year’s Summit experience will highlight:
- The theme, “Value of Innovation” with perspectives from patients, industry leaders and researchers in all sectors of biosciences and medical innovation.
- An opening keynote presentation from Jim Greenwood, CEO of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization, will set the stage for discussions, workshops and presentations throughout the day.
- A luncheon keynote panel featuring patients impacted by bioscience innovations promises to be an engaging and informative discussion.
- Breakout sessions featuring research & innovation in Georgia; business issues around diversity and industry academic collaboration; entrepreneurial advice during the CEO Chats with some of Georgia’s industry leaders.
- A Company Showcase where Georgia-based companies who are developing or have bioscience product and/or services will present their technology.
- An exhibit hall featuring the latest research, technology and services at companies, universities and other organizations; running currently with a Scientific Poster Session and the Innovation Stage where innovative scientists will share their inventions.
- An evening of fun at the annual Casino Night and Silent Auction, benefiting STEM education initiatives via the Georgia BioEd Institute.
Join the life science community on September 28th and see how one of the fastest growing industries in Georgia is impacting your community and patients around the world. Register now at www.georgiabiosummit.org.
Georgia Bio (www.gabio.org) is the state’s life science industry association whose members include pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies, medical centers, universities and research institutes, government groups and other business organizations involved in the development of life sciences related products and services.
Note to Editors: Credentialed members of the news media are invited to attend. Registration is complimentary. Please contact Maria Thacker (404-920-2042; email@example.com).