Bio Innovation Summit Highlights Georgia Companies at Conference
Monday, November 23, 2015
Posted by: Angela King
Nearly 400 entrepreneurs, company executives, investors, scientists, researchers, and service providers in the life sciences industry came together for the 2015 Georgia Bio Innovation Summit earlier this month. For 14 years. The Summit has proven to the venue to showcase Georgia’s leadership in innovation, from basic research to manufacturing, to improve the health and well-being of people, animals and the environment.
The Summit featured innovative programming led by industry executives and scientific experts from Georgia and around the country.
- Program - One-day program featured scientific advancements and business achievements in life sciences with an overarching big data theme.
- Breakout Sessions - The Conference addressed distinct areas of innovation and opportunity for Georgia’s life science industry such as reimbursement strategy, patient data analysis, medical technology, FDA regulatory strategy, digital health topics, wearable monitoring devices, and how to attract talent and innovative companies.
- NEW! Bioscience Showcase – This unique opportunity ran concurrently with the breakout sessions and featured 12 Georgia-based companies presenting their technology.
- Innovation Stage – Now in its 2nd year, the Innovation Stage highlighted 7 entrepreneurs and innovative scientists presenting their innovative product or novel idea. In addition the audience doubled for this platform.
- Talks – Two outstanding keynotes presented big data themed talks touching on everything from precision medicine to consumerism in healthcare.
- NEW! Casino Night – The Summit closed with games, music, auctions and fun at the first casino night gala sponsored by UCB. The event raised funds for the Georgia BioED Institute STEM programs.
• Executives and entrepreneurs from emerging and established life sciences companies
• Scientists, researchers, technology transfer employees and administrative staff from university and research institutions
• Life science investors
• Economic development agencies
• Service providers
Georgia Bio would like to thank all the Summit sponsors. Your support enables us to provide a forum to learn and do business in Georgia’s life sciences industry.
We look forward to seeing you next year back at Cobb Galleria, September 28, 2016. Please mark your calendar!
Photos and Videos from the conference are available at: http://www.gabiosummit2015.com/
Source: Georgia Bio Newsletter. http://www.gabio.org/?page=Newsletter